LEVEL 1 TEACHER TRAINING DIPLOMA
2019 Bookings NOW OPEN - Course Starts 3 Febraury 2019 - EarlyBird savings $590
Learn how to share your passion for yoga.
Embody the modern wisdom of this ancient tradition.
Save up to $590 on earlybird registrations
“There abides deep within our hearts an inextinguishable flame of Divine light, love and life that never goes out…this spiritul flame of the heart is struggling to emerge…seeking the light from which it has come. Its development is the very purpose of our existence.” David Frawley
At the deepest level we want to be happy and to feel connected. This connection gives meaning to everything, and Yoga is one of the most effective tools to achieve this.
Grasp a unique opportunity to explore your yoga path with one of Sydney’s most-respected and longest-established teacher-training schools to find happiness and connection in your life. We take in only one small enrolment each year to give you the full attention and nurture you deserve to flourish.
Develop your personal practice and understanding of yoga while learning how to teach yoga with our passionate teachers in a safe, supportive environment. This course has been our passion for over 15 years.
Here are 5 results to expect based on the past 15 years we’ve offered this course
- Our Yoga Teacher Training course is nationally registered with YOGA AUSTRALIA and I.Y.T.A (International Yoga Teachers’ Association)
- You will qualify as a nationally recognized ‘Level 1 Yoga Teacher ’ with YogaAustralia
- Each of our teaching faculty has many years’ experience of yoga, are all senior level yoga teachers with Yoga Australia and relish this opportunity to work in-depth with our trainee-teachers over the course of a year.
- You’ll be ready to teach and brimming with yoga insights and wisdom when you graduate
- Your own yoga practice and your outlook on life will change for ever -for the better!
Classical Hatha Yoga Teacher Training: What to Expect
This is a ‘non-denominational’ yoga course, training you in the broad tradition of Classical Hatha Yoga. You will explore elements of several popular styles of asana practice without favouring any one style as you are guided to develop your own individual style.
Our core values emphasize safety and an individualized approach over dogma, and we encourage you to explore your own practice and experience of yoga.
Read a personal insight to life on the course: profile of teacher trainee Tania Wilson in 2010
Fasten your seat-belt and get ready to transform your yoga and your life!
Our course is for a minimum of 420 hours over a 12-month period. This includes individual sessions and a mentoring program to assist in real classes. We find this an ideal format to help integrate your yoga skills and principles into real, daily life – on the mat, at work and at home! (Like Yoga Australia we do not endorse short-term or ‘deep-immersion’ training courses and only offer 12-month part-time options to allow time for this process to occur.)
Our teaching faculty are national leaders in yoga teaching standards, with many years' experience. Our course exceeds all criteria required for recognition by "Yoga Australia".
See more details of your Yoga Teaching Faculty HERE
Telephone 9976 6880 to reserve a place on the 2019 course.
Teacher Training Previews: Get informed, be inspired
Meet current students and teachers to form a better picture of this course, ask questions and see if it’s right for you in our FREE preview sessions. (Please reserve your place)
Saturday 2 – 3pm October 20th
Saturday 2 – 3pm November 17th
Saturday 2 – 3pm December 8th
Download Full Details
Yoga Teacher Training at Qi: What’s Involved
- 420 hours part-time study
- Three 10 week study terms on Sundays during school term times
- Plus 7 ‘special needs’ workshops
- 6 day residential retreat
- Student- teaching experience at Qi studios and in the community
- Minimum of 11 individual sessions with the teaching faculty
- Supervised teaching, apprenticeships with the teachers and practical experience in adjusting students in class.
- Anatomy & Physiology training (30 Hours)
- Inspiring group dynamics and support
- Additional reading, assignments, class attendance and student-teaching opportunities in your own time make the total course content closer to 600 hours of specialized training.
Beachside Yoga Teacher Training Location
All group sessions are held at Qi Freshwater (Corner of Moore Road and Albert Street). Our yoga space is light, spacious and near the beach! Free on-street parking outside the studio.
The retreat is held just outside Sydney, about two hours from Manly.
Term Dates for 2019:
- Term 1: Sundays February 3 – April 7 (10 sessions)
- Term 2: April 28 – July 7 (11 weeks)
- Term 3: July 21 – Sept 22 (10 weeks)
- Retreat: September 24 – 29 Residential Retreat
- Term 4: October 13 – November 24
- 1st Aid: December 1 (optional)
- Graduation: Sunday December 8
Total Investment/On-Line Registration:
Payment term by term: total $6575
Installments option: total $6750 (4 installments per term)