Join Cora Geroux, Liz Bennett & Em Cruickshank for an anatomy informed, 7 Day - 50 HR Yin Yoga Practice Immersion & Teacher Training.
Just as the light cannot exist without the dark, yang cannot exist without yin. Yin yoga offers us a balancing force in our yoga practice in relation to the strong dynamic styles of yoga such as hatha, vinyasa and ashtanga.
Yin and Yang are concepts that govern all of life, yet stem from ancient Taoist philosophy. Indian yogis also held such concepts when they referred to hatha yoga - Ha (sun) Tha (Moon).
Yin Yoga is a slow, mainly floor based practice where poses are held from 2 - 20 minutes. This style of practice brings immense physical, energetic and mental healing as we work with the Meridian system from Traditional Chinese Medicine.
During this training you will learn:
Introductory Theory of Yin Yoga:
- What is Yin Yoga
- How is Yin Yoga different from restorative yoga
- How the taoist philosophy applies to Yin Yoga
- Why Yin Yoga is needed now more than ever
- Yin Yoga as a gateway into deeper meditative practices
Anatomy & Physiology:
- Structural Anatomy: fascia, muscles & joints
- Applied Anatomy: Fascia in relation to; breath, movement & the nervous system
- Hypermobility, instability & yin yoga
- How to keep the yin tissues happy & healthy
Introduction To TCM:
- Intro to TCM theory
- 5 element theory
- Meridian & organ theory
- The emotional body
- Basic principles of Yin sequencing
- Learn & practice specific sequences for each of the main meridian pairs
- Learn how to access the spine during yin yoga
- Meditation: mindfulness, vipassana and shamatha
- Pranayama & how to balance the nervous system
- The art of holding space
- Props & modifications
- Using music as a tool for Yin Yoga practice
- Personalised Yin – teaching the individual within the group
- Dates: Saturday February 22nd - Friday February 28th, 2020
- Time: 10:30 - 5:30pm each day
- Location: Woke Yoga, 52 Ourimbah Rd, Mosman, NSW
- Investment: $999 Early Bird (ends Jan 31st) $1500 thereafter
- More Information: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a prospectus, or ask a question
Please note: This course is open to yoga teachers, and dedicated students. However, if you wish to teach yin yoga you must have already completed a minimum of a recognized 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training.
This course is fully registered with Yoga Alliance, and is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Program (YACEP)