We are so delighted to be offering this holistic and comprehensive 350hr Teacher Training spread out over the year, giving you the opportunity to truly immerse yourself in this journey! It will be a wonderful year of developing loving wisdom, self understanding and the opportunity to awaken through the artful practice of accessing and embodying the knowledge of yoga. Become a qualified and successful Yoga Teacher or simply use this course for self development.
Kate Pell owner of Bowral Yoga Studio and Senior Level III teacher will be leading the training along with an amazing team of support teachers Mirinda Smith, Falu Eyre, Dan Alder and Wendy Reid. The hosting teachers will be assisting Kate during the weekend workshops and on retreat, so you’ll always have two or more teachers available as you journey through the year.
A Yoga Australia registered course that will include:
- Eight weekend workshops at OM Collective
- Two day workshop in Ayurvedic Studies & cooking with Falu at Kate’s house in Bowral (Accommodation not included…we will help arrange once we get started!)
- An exquisite 5 day retreat at the Brahma Kumaris Centre, Wilton Oct. 31st – Nov. 5th
- One weekly class with Mirinda at OM Collective
- Prescribed at home practices, journaling, assignment writing and further readings
- Observing and assisting Kate & Mirinda in class
- An integration of Ancient Eastern and more contemporary explorations around the philosophy of being human
- Learning how to feel your way intelligently into postures rather than force oneself into what you believe looks right
More about Kate Pell
Kate has been exploring the art of Yoga in all seriousness since a journey to India in 1989.
She has studied the art of physical alignment through many years of rigorous Iyengar training (300 hrs), as well as completing Sivananda Yoga and Kundalini teacher training with Joy Spencer, contemporary teacher training studies (150 hrs) with Donna Farhi, Siddha Yoga studies in Kashmir Shiviasm as well as sitting and serving on many Vipassana meditation courses.
She began teaching Yoga in 1998 and it became her full time occupation in 2000. Kate has offered Yoga Teacher Training courses since 2005 due to the insistence of her students. She has a passionate interest in the body/ heart / mind connections and as such trained to become a Shiatsu therapist in 1991/2.
Kate’s first classes began in the northern suburbs of Melbourne (Eltham, Strathewen and Arthur’s Creek), before moving to Brisbane where she opened three studios and began training teachers. Kate also began hosting teachers from around the world, including Neeta Datta, Allan Goode, Clive Sheridan, Donna Farhi, Simon Borg-Olivier, Pixie Lilas, Shandor Remete and her two main Iyengar yoga teachers Sue and Peter Scott.
Kate is a passionate Vipassana meditation practitioner and finished her Masters Of Traditional Chinese Medicine (University of Western Sydney) in 2017.
She teaches from the inner happiness that springs from within. Her joy for teaching and assisting others brings great inspiration and a deep love for life itself. Kate’s joyful art of teaching can bring lightness into the dullest of days and assist you to find new ways of seeing just how brilliant and perfect you are, as you are.
To Apply please download the application form via Kate’s website here and email it to Kate & Mirinda. The course is limited to 25 students and a minimum of 2 years of yoga/meditation practice is recommended.
Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 2 – 3
- March 9 – 10
- April 27 – 28 (with Dan)
- May 11 – 12
- June 22 – 23
- August 3 -4 (with Wendy)
- September 7 – 8
- October 12 – 13
- October 31 – November 5 RETREAT
- November 30 – December 1 (Ayurvedic weekend in Bowral)
- Philosophy of Patanjalis eight fold path, Pranayama – slow and fast rhythms
- Developmental movement patterns, Yoga Asanas – alignment, adjustment and sequencing
- Vipassana meditation – being present to each moment
- Yogic physiology of the Chakras, Koshas and Pranavayus
- Yoga Teaching skills – observation, adjustment and sequencing
- Functional Anatomy
- Home practices
- Meridians and body work
- Ayurvedic medicine and cooking.
Total Investment $5,500. Upfront payment of $1,100 to secure spot then 4 x $1,100 spread over the year.