The Dru Sound and Mantra Course gives you the opportunity to explore the science of vibration and sacred sound, and to learn sound techniques to align your body, mind and spirit.
Join international tutors Petra Opsteeg and Noelene Francis on this exciting and uplifting Dru course, suitable for everyone...there are no prerequisites.
'As a child I was told that I couldn't sing and was always asked to sing quietly. Consequently this had the desired effect and my self-esteem was low. Attending a sound workshop in Wales was an eye-opener (if not a voice box opener)! It was amazing to share sounds with people and not be laughed at.‘
Jean Nelson, United Kingdom.
If you have already trained as a Dru Yoga or Dru Meditation teacher, tapping in to the world of Dru Sound will allow you to add a depth to your experience you may have never felt before!
And if you’re new to the world of sound and mantra, be prepared to be uplifted!
Level 1 of the course will be offered over 2 four-day modules in 2019 & 2020.
We'll then offer Level 2 in the second half on 2020 and 2021.
Level 1 Module1: 14 to 17 November 2019
Module 2: 21 to 24 May 2020
On Level 1 of the course you will learn:
· Vocal power and the energetics of voice projection
· Sacred powers of sound
· Finding your own unique tone
· Dru master sounds Chanting and mantra and group singing
· The importance of breath and breathing exercises
· Deep listening skills
· An introduction to the Indian music system
· Vocal harmonics and pure tones
· The principles of resonance and entrainment
· Meditation, movement & sound
· The sounds of the chakras, their power and importance
· Leading chanting groups
Level 2 - 2020 & 2021 (dates TBC)
Develop more skills in Dru Sound & discover the Dru Sound Freedom Technique
On Level 2 of the course you will learn:
· Pitch and timbre and voice stabilisation
· Mantras to help to heal emotions, empower creativity and greatly increase self-esteem
· Healing with sound
· The principles of, rhythm, melody and harmony
· The Dru Sound Freedom Technique Dru Sound Freedom Technique
Level 2 of the course teaches the Dru Sound Freedom Technique – a unique combination of yoga kriya and power sounds designed to unlock your vocal potential.
In your progression towards mastery of sound as part of a carefully guided program, you will develop knowledge of the sounds, which form the key to opening up your energy system in relation to your own unique expression of sound.
If you've ever felt as though you can't sing, this course will help you find your natural voice and teach you how to project yourself whether speaking or singing.
Sporting Car Club, 51 King William Road, Unley SA 5061
(Many accommodation options available nearby)
Please contact email@example.com
'The Sound workshop I attended was fantastic. It was amazing how the energy in the whole auditorium shifted after singing just a few scales and brought home to me what a powerful medium sound is to help reconnect and come to a place of quiet and peace within myself. I cannot recommend highly enough the expertise of the Dru team.'
Kirstie Smith, United Kingdom